Placing a Family or Group Order
We often get large orders with different items for family members and close family friends. To help this process flow with as little friction as possible, we recommend the following steps to facilitate a family order.
- Select a single person to lead the ordering process.
- The selected person should contact everyone interested in a piece. The website should be shared at this time to allow everyone to select the items they connect with. We suggest setting a deadline for participating in the order.
- While contacting individuals interested, it should be brought to their attention that the cost for their piece(s) will not only be the cost of the item, but a share of shipping and taxes. Part of this cost will be identified at the time of checkout, and part of it will be when you go to the post office to ship the completed collection kit to an artist. A single kit goes to each artist, regardless of how many people ordered from that artist. However, if everyone in a group orders from one artist and then a single person orders from five additional artists, then that individual should be responsible for the shipping costs of those five additional artists. We ask for cremains to be sent through priority express with signature. This cost averages about $27 per kit.
- We recommend using one of two ways to streamline this step. We highly recommend creating a Google Doc and allow all interested parties to edit it with links to the item(s) they're interested in, including any customization/inscription requests (if relevant), color selections, and size selections. This is also a great opportunity to have them add their address if you do not already have it for your records. Alternatively, you could have the interested individuals simply email you back the links and inscription/color/size requests and you can copy this into a master document.
- Using the provided links, add the items to your cart.
- Place your order